We went to visit my Dad the other day. My brother bought him a radio for his birthday and we tried to show him how to turn it on/off and set the dials. We noticed that his fine motor skills weren't very good. Well, it makes sense, all he does is sit or sleep all day. We thought that he needed toys to keep his mind and fingers active.

I immediately thought of those Tupperware baby toys that you sort shapes and put them in holes that match the particular shape. I kinda enjoy those myself, but my sister thought it was too babyish. I don't know, I think he'd like it. Wonder what the VA would think.
Looking around, I saw this manual dexterity toy called Tangle Therapy. I think it would be a good one. You just fold it around and manipulate it with your hands and fingers. They say it is good for Alzheimers or Dementia patients too.

I like this one as well, it is called Perplexus Maze Game. Only thing is that he cannot see very well so I'm not so sure about it. Really looks neat though.
The last one I'm thinking about for now are those beads that pop together to make jewelry. Those are kind of fun but could get boring after a short time, I think.
I'll be looking for more, maybe I'll make a trip to Toys R Us or the toy store at Desert Ridge to see if I can find anything locally.
Any other ideas?











