The (j)oys of my life.

Currently...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Coconut Cake

When we got there, I immediately spied the coconut cake in the refrigerator case. For some reason, that coconut cake, mixed among several other delicious, frou-frou looking desserts, spoke to me. I wanted it, but we had just gotten there, so I wanted to get to the room more. There was almost a whole tray full, so I thought, I'll have it tomorrow; there will certainly be some left.

Tomorrow came and I went to a movie. I saw the coconut cake in the window again, but I was too full from movie popcorn and soda to want it. I'll get it later, I vowed, then I can watch a movie in the room while I enjoy it. The deli line was long and I was hungry and tired, so we had dinner in the room instead of cake. It started to occur to me that maybe I was not meant to have this cake.

Another day came and I said, I'm gonna get that cake TODAY! I even had lunch at the deli. I had a French Dip and was full so didn't want cake, but, whew, two HUGE slices left. I will definitely have cake. I left for the day and when I returned, we went to dinner, but I made sure the cake was still there before we left. I thought about the cake at dinner and was determined to get it just as soon as we returned. Perfect for dessert. As soon as we got back, we went straight to the deli which was...CLOSED! Yup, I'm not going to get that cake.

But the next day I woke and said, I'm taking that cake home with me. We decided to have breakfast at the deli. Perfect! I'll get it while I'm there. We got there and OH NO HE DI'NT! The cake was GONE! I almost started to cry when I realized it was true, I was not gonna get that cake. Then, I noticed, tucked in with the cream puffs on a different shelf below: Two slices of coconut cake! Divinity! I FINALLY got my cake.

And I ate it too.