I was really sad when Bloglines announced that they were closing. I've been with them for years. I really liked the way their rss feed reader worked, and although I did use Google's feed reader for those times Bloglines was unavailable, I didn't like it as much. For those who do not know, an rss feed reader allows you to follow all of your websites, or blogs in my case (that have rss feeds), in one place so you know at a glance when they update.
So, I looked around for a new online RSS feed reader and eventually found Feedshow (http://feedshow.com) and thought I would give it a whirl. I'm really liking it so far. I even tweaked their link button so it works more like Bloglines: javascript:location.href='http://www.feedshow.com/add_subscriptions.php?action=feed_entry&feed_url='+location.href (I just replaced the original url with the previous text. I hope they don't mind). Feedshow is not perfect, I don't like the way the individual posts open in the same frame when you click on them. I'd prefer if they opened in separate tab or window. Still, I have found a feature I like very much, the email button at the end of every post so I can email my favorite posts to myself. What a concept! Love that!
Now Bloglines was taken over by some shady sounding company called MerchantCircle and they want me to migrate my account to the new system. I'm afraid I might be spammed to high heaven if I do so I haven't migrated yet. Not sure if I will at this point since I'm really liking Feedshow. Will see if the love affair continues.











