The (j)oys of my life.

Currently...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

S.H.S.

I had a blog post in mind, but I lost it because I didn't write it down right away. Such is the way my mind works lately.

Speaking of minds (or heads), I discovered the other night that Joaquin's head stunk ferociously. It was kind of like vomit or some sort of stinky cheese. I thought he wasn't washing it correctly, so I helped him. It smelled so nice right afterward, but later, pee yew!

I thought it was being caused by his pillow so I washed and Febreezed EVERYTHING. The pillows smelled nice to me, but his head still stunk. I started calling it "Stinky Head Syndrome" or S.H.S.

That's when we all started smelling eachothers' heads.

It appears we all have some degree of S.H.S. even after all the bedding was washed. Plus, we take our showers in the morning and wash our hair everyday so we don't understand where the smell is coming from in the first place. It usually appears by the end of the day.

So, is S.E.S. my imagination, is it normal, is it inherent in our chemistry, or is it caused by something we are ingesting, like sugar? Do I really want to know? I mean, I don't usually go around smelling people's heads at the end of the day, and we can't smell our own heads, so maybe it is normal. I could always pull the "You know, my olfactory sense is not the best, so maybe it is my imagination" card.

Maybe we just have to scrub harder.