For some reason I'm having trouble writing here. Maybe oy doesn't work, I don't know.
The weeks have been flying but right now, although the season is just starting, I'm feeling like I've already had too much baseball. There were spring training games, talk about games and video games. My mom loved baseball. Me? Not so much.
Little League started. Two games a week from now until June. It was cold and windy at Friday night's game. I was jumping around to try to get warm. Now my legs are sore. We were the late game. The lights went out while we were playing. When they say "Light's out at 9:30," they mean it! Hah! Two games down, only sixteen more to go!
I think Joaquin has been playing too many video games. He was batting like his Wii MLB Power Pro's game players. When the ball would go over the plate, he'd move his head and chest back and lift one leg like he was trying to keep his balance or he'd swing and spin all the way around. I was waiting for him to fall and make the @ eyes. He's so dramatic.
Today, more baseball. We went to Chase Field for Diamondbacks vs. White Sox. I guess they are in different leagues so they don't play often and the Governor (Joaquin) wanted to go see them. We were sitting in the bleachers next to the pool in the sun since they had the roof open--probably just for the people in the pool. I had an umbrella but couldn't use it because, well, that would've been rude to the people behind me, right? So I toughed it out.
Joaquin was wearing an A's hat, cheering for the White Sox. There were some pretty cool people in the bleachers today. One guy a couple of rows up noticed Joaquin's hat and keep talking to him. He told Joaquin, "Bless you, my fellow A's fan," after he sneezed. Joaquin liked that, so he asked it was okay to talk to him. Oh, and Joaquin is getting good with the "trash-talk," you know, "Hey outfielder, you wear girls underpants," and the like.
I never want to go, but usually have a good time and I do love the caramel apples. Can you believe the guys won't get me one unless I go? I told Ivan that I'm thinking of wearing a t-shirt that says, "I'm just here for the food" whenever I go to the games. It will be Sedona red and black, of course, the Diamond-Back colors. Ick. I'll never forgive them for changing team colors.











