The (j)oys of my life.

Currently...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Tidbits

This is going to be like a big Twitter post. Sadly, it seems that my train of thought has become 140 words or less. I want to practice writing actual blog posts again, so here it goes:

I got my toes did this weekend. The guy who did them wasn't crazy about the color, kind of a caramel-y brown. I think March is just a little too early for fuchsia or chartreuse tootsies, so I held back a little.

Finished reading "Summer Blowout," by Claire Cook. I think I've found the frivolous sort of books I need to be reading. Fastest I've read a book in ages. It was fun.

I think I need to become a list maker. I need structure and I keep forgetting to do stuff, like mail my bills. This is not the time to be paying late fees. I also think I need to find another way to hydrate myself. I figured I spend more than $10 per week on drinks alone. I need to cut it out. I used my refillable cup at A.J.s Fine Foods the other day and my 32 oz. tea only cost me fifty cents. Now that's more like it.

Finally ate at Two Hippies Beach House. I'd been wanting to go for ages but never seem to be in the mood for tacos. Really nice people. They stayed open a bit longer just so we could get something and about eight more people showed up after us. It's really a neat place with all kinds of neon and a deck to eat on. It reminds me so much of the places we encounter walking around Mission Beach in San Diego. I need to go back on Tuesday, that is when they are expecting pomegranate and cactus juice for their smoothies, which I hear are outrageously good.

So, that is it. As usual, the weekend went by too quickly, I'm not ready to go back to work but I'm glad I have a job to go back to. It's going to be a busy week, I just know it. Oy.