The (j)oys of my life.

Currently...

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

TWO-FIFTY!

Shopping for school supplies, Joaquin wanted a composition book with a Lego man on the cover. He was so excited. He goes to check the price. I'm of the school of thought that you get the kids some rockin' supplies and they want to use them more, which equals a more successful school experience. Ivan, the buzz-kill, is around, so I checked out and went to look for a new messenger bag for Joaqs and let them deal with the supplies.

It is time to go, so I re-join the group and we head to checkout. I go to look at the dollar area and leave the guys to checkout (Hey! We're at Target!). I join them again, and walking to the car, Joaquin is talking about the Lego notebook.

Me: You didn't get it!?

Joaquin: No, Mom, it was TWO FIFTY!

Me: Yeah, I know, so. (Mad-dogging his dad.)

Joaquin: TWO FIFTY. The plain ones are fifty cents. I could almost buy a REAL Lego man for that.

Still mad-dogging Ivan, he puts his hands up like he had nothing to do with this. Oh, mon frere, but he did, just maybe not today.

But really, who can argue with Joaquin's logic? It's just that it seems SO logical for an 11 year old.

Let's see what I'm writing about when he's 15. Will it be more stories like this, or will it be: He wants $200 sneakers!? I'm taking bets.