I know why I don't get anything done. I've go so many ideas swimming in my head at any given moment and I don't have time to get them out.
Today I just discovered "Smashbooks." They've probably been around for a while and while I don't think you need to buy a special book to make one, I LOOOVE the idea. Just throw all little bits of papers and such into a book!
I'm a collector by nature. I save tea bag tags, fortunes from cookies, pictures from magazines, stickers, anything and everything that catches my fancy. These bits of treasure end up EVERYWHERE! That's why I think this is such a great idea for what to do with them! I just hope this is not like my scrapbooking phase in that I NEVER created a scrapbook, just kept buying papers, stickers and doodads to fill "the room."
I'm wondering if I can get Joaquin to join in. He LOVES tickets, probably has collected THOUSANDS of them. He keeps baseball schedules, advertisements and bits of paper he finds that catch his fancy. He loves the feel of a stack of tickets and sits and fans them out or rubs them while watching TV. I wonder if he could commit to glueing some of his paper bits down to a book. If so, that would be awesome.
I like the idea of theme books too, things I like, favorite TV shows, recipes, vacations, special events, everyday life. I need to get busy!
Too bad it is 11:21 PM!











