The (j)oys of my life.

Currently...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - The Holiday Post

I thought that this year's motto for New Year's would be STOP PROCRASTINATION NOW, but I take it back. This year's theme will be CHALLENGE THYSELF. I don't think I've really challenged myself in 2009. Although I might argue that simply getting out of bed everyday has been a challenge, somehow, I don't think that's enough.

So I've been thinking about how I might challenge myself to grow in mind and spirit, not weight, in 2010. Tap dance lessons? Pastry, cooking or jewelry making class? Should I be cool like Clamhead and take accordian lessons? Travel to unfamiliar places alone? I don't know yet, I think I have time to decide. I've got a whole year to decide. (I hope I don't procrastinate because then I'll just kick myself for not going with my first idea.) All I know is that this year's challenge will involve the possibility of actually leaving the house in the evening or weekend once Joaquin and I have gotten home from work.

This is my New Year's post. I didn't get a Christmas post up. I've been a little under the weather. You know what I love and hate about Christmas shopping? Shopping. I don't usually find myself at Department stores during the year so I ALWAYS find something for myself while I'm out during Christmas. When I really shouldn't be spending the money on myself. Case in point: These Owl earrings. Yes they were from Forever Love and yes, they were very cheap and I definitely am in LOVE with them, but if I hadn't been out, I wouldn't have known that I couldn't live without them and wouldn't worry that they will break one day and consider getting a second pair for that inevitability. See, LOVE/HATE. This is just an example, there are others that I will not share as the husband doesn't know about them yet either.

This is my Thanksgiving post too: Last Thanksgiving, I read a book called Turk and Runt during dinner. This year, I had everyone read from a book I bought called, "T is for Turkey." I thought it would be a neat tradition to have Joaquin read it to everyone himself, but we ended up having everyone read when he refused to do it at all. They got nervous when Ivan told them I bought a Christmas book. We have to read AGAIN?! I thought about it, but didn't end up getting the book after all so they got lucky. I still like the idea, but may have to bow to popular vote here.

In other news, I actually purged some clutter from my home. It felt good when I could see the carpet in "the room." Of course, I needed someplace to put household clutter when I decorated for Christmas, so guess where it went? Ooof, so close. I'll be trying again because I actually proved to myself that nothing bad will happen if I get rid of something.

Here's to a Happy 2010!

And here's a few pictures! I haven't taken many pictures this past year. My camera is frustrating. I think I've even seen missing pixels. The first is of my owl earrings, the second is Joaquin on Christmas morning and the third is the Thanksgiving cupcakes purchased at a local bakery that I took to dinner this year. My brother-in-law HATES cupcakes yet I continue to provide them. Hmm.