The (j)oys of my life.

Currently...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's All About Jerry

Today I'd like to write a bit about my dog Jerry. We are in love. Seriously, he loves me and I love him back. We are soul mates. I'll bet you rarely hear that about a dog and, after George, I never thought I'd love a dog again, but I do.

The difference between Jerry and George, other than size, is that Jerry is more playful. Oh, George did learn a stupid pet trick or two, one in which he'd balance a meaty bone on his nose, but I couldn't get him to chase a ball or much else.

Jerry is very talented. He learned hoop jumping in a couple of minutes. Also, a neighbor has about a twelve inch brick wall in front of her house and every time we walk by, Jerry likes to jump up on it and walk, like a gymnast on a balance beam. We're gonna have to expand his repertoire, perhaps back flips? I think he's up for the challenge.

Anyway, here's a video of Jerry jumping through hoops: The only being who'll do that for me. Because he loves me...and kibble. Oh, and notice the director there? His name is Joaquin. I love him too. He loves to end all his movies with "Fin." He studied with Europeans.